Required a 5+ years Candidate writing a variety of unique material for websites, blogs, social media, online and newspaper / magazine articles and assist marketing teams in development of engaging content that can be used in marketing or advertising campaigns.
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned
- Develop ideas derived from online/offline research and organize the same on paper or computer applications
- Sort out workable ideas by a process of elimination and keep eliminated ideas stored for future reference
- Write fresh content based on research and brainstorming by following instructions provided for each type of document
- Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience
- Ensure that web page content is edited properly to increase on-screen readability
- Ensure that content contains sufficient keywords for search engine optimization
- Manage user-generated content on social media sites
- Manage the company’s social media presence
- Develop prototypes and storyboards using a multitude of media creation and graphics editing tools
- Rewrite, paraphrase or write content from scratch depending on specific instructions provided in the work order
- An understanding of keywords and Meta tags – Ability to write web page titles, Meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images etc.
- Experience with a publishing house can be an added advantage.
- Should be able to write content in a clear manner. The need for good grammar and editing acumen is high as you don’t want inconsistent content floating around the web
- Content writers also write and edit editorials and press releases depending on the type of project that they have been assigned.
- Should have excellent command over the English language.
- A flair for writing with an understanding of what works on the internet.
- An effective writing style that is fresh, consistent and customer friendly.
- Ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.